- Fully Accredited and Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- 1982 BA Hons degree in History from Durham University
- 1986 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 1998 Certificate in Counselling from the University of Exeter
- 2000 Diploma in Counselling from Relate
The Diploma was an integrative course where the main approach taught was Person-Centred and in addition Psychodynamics and Gestalt.
- 2000 Sexual abuse issues training by the Mental Health Unit of the Exeter & District NHS Trust
- 2010 ADVA (Against Domestic Violence & Abuse) training by Devon County Council
- 2011 Post-Qualifying Certificate in CBT from the Iron Mill Institute,Exeter
- 2012 Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate from the Iron Mill Institute
- 2013 Sexual abuse issues further training from the Margaret Jackson Centre
- 2013 Specialist training in eating disorders from B-EAT
- 2014 Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Approach-Certificate from BACP
- WAC (West Country Association for Counsellors) (www.wacsouthwest.org.uk)